Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Preschool clothing competition

My daughter will be attending preschool in the fall (note to self: hustle with getting her enrolled!), and I'm already cringing at the thought of the trendy designer childrens clothes the other little girls will be wearing. Don't get me wrong, my daughter has very fashionable clothing that is in excellent condition, but her clothing labels read Circo, Cherokee and Target, while designer childrens clothes and designer baby clothes will be sporting the fancier names and logos.

You could say that my fears are unfounded, that it's just preschool, that moms will be too busy parenting their children to worry about what other children are wearing... but I promise you, as a woman, as a mother, I know what to expect. We moms compete with one another from the time that our preschoolers were just baking buns in our little mommy ovens. Who conceived in the most romantic way, how long it took to get pregnant, who had the worst battle with morning sickness, natural birth vs. medicated birth, breastfeeding vs. formula feeding. I promise you, we compete, and we are low enough to use our children in our own competitions.

Something tells me I better start checking out sites like Estella-NYC!

6 comments:

Owen Cutajar said...

You might want to check out http://www.sandboxcouture.com/ too. They have a great selection of children's clothing.

Debbie said...

Might I suggest checking out smarteepantsclothing.com They also have beautiful designer clothing .

silvergirl0007 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
silvergirl0007 said...

I agree. As much as people say that they don't compete everybody competes in all facets of life. It might be worth it to check out personalized baby clothes as well. Even if they aren't designer they will still get attention because they can be absolutely adorable and make her stand out from the rest of the kids.

Liisa said...

I love Smartteepantsclothing! I found the cutest baby shower favors from their sister site Mamabebe.com!

Blogging Girl said...

Hey if you like Designer Baby Gear you need to check out this LENS!

http://www.squidoo.com/DesignerKidsCLothes